Upcoming Camps & Clinics:
2020 BCFC Thanksgiving Weekend Camp
11/27/2020 - 11/29/2020
in partnership with Socceroof
We are bringing back our annual Thanksgiving Weekend Camp again in 2020, but this year with a different twist. Instead of at Pier 5, the camp will be held at our home facility, Socceroof.
On the heels of our enormously successful Summer Camps, Columbus Day, and Veteran's Day camps at Socceroof, we are excited to continue our programming and offer a chance for Brooklyn kids to get back out with their soccer balls, after a fun day of family and eating on Thanksgiving! Get them back out on the field, burn off some energy, and reconnect with some friends or make new friends in the game!
As with all Brooklyn City F.C. camps this year, a strong emphasis will be placed on fun and safety for all campers on the day. Players will work directly with Brooklyn City F.C.'s professional coaching staff in a safe, socially distanced, and controlled environment at Socceroof. All players will stay in dedicated groups of no more than 9-10 for the entire day. Lunch break will be held on Socceroof's rooftop patio (weather permitting), providing the safest possible outdoor environment for eating. Over 100 windows will be opened throughout the facility to provide maximum outdoor ventilation.
Socceroof has worked closely with the DOH to meet all current health, sanitary, and safety standards. All staff (BCFC and Socceroof) will wear masks, as will players, except for when participating in soccer/athletic activities on the turf fields, water breaks, or when eating meals outside on the rooftop patio .
2020 Thanksgiving Weekend Camp DETAILS
- LOCATION: Socceroof (14 53rd Street, 3rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY)
- DATES: 11/27/2020 - 11/29/2020
- TIMES: 9am-3pm | Early drop-off possible
- PRICE: $250 - full 3 days :: $200 - any 2 days :: $100 - any 1 day (siblings discounts are available)
- WHO: Boys and Girls born 2004-2014, Open to ALL players, ALL clubs
Limited Scholarships available, with special thanks to Socceroof.
*Early drop-off available 8:15am
Link to Register: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/251171
Brooklyn City F.C. / Socceroof Camp FAQs
* Will players and staff wear masks? Staff will wear masks at all times other than eating, or when needing to temporarily project their voice (will pull mask down). Players are not required to wear masks when on the field of play, although they are welcome to, based on personal/family preference. They are required to wear masks at all other times, except when eating or drinking.
* What other safety protocol is in place? All players will be given a temperature check when entering the facility, and are provided hand sanitizer at the entrance, and also throughout the facility. Campers are asked to use hand sanitizer between all activities. All sharing of food and drink is strictly prohibited. Equipment is not shared, and small groups are maintained throughout the day to limit exposure.
* Why isn't camp outdoors? Socceroof is a semi-outdoor facility with over 80 window providing natural ventilation throughout the fields, as well as a rooftop patio that includes eating areas, and turf activity area for soccer tennis, badminton, and more! The facility provides a stable controlled environment that is insured, as opposed to most public parks that are NOT offering permits at this time.
* Will the players be playing soccer? Yes. The day will incorporate a combination of training and fun games to promote skill development. The campers will not be playing soccer 100% of the time, and will also take part in other soccer/sport related activities that Socceroof has to offer.
* Where/how will campers eat? Groups will move to the outdoor roof patio of Socceroof for lunch, providing the safest possible environment. We are working on coordinating a delivered meal option for players to purchase. Stay tuned!
* How will groups be formed and managed? Camp groups will be limited to 9-10 players per group with 1-2 coaches per group. Players will be grouped by age & level. Camp groups will not change , minimizing the amount of contact any player has with other groups.
* What if I want to play with my teammates? We highly recommend teammates coordinating between parents and signing up for the same week(s) of camp. If we have a group largely consisting of players from 1-2 teams we can tailor the activities to maximize productivity.
* Can I (parents) watch the camp? Unfortunately, NO. Due to capacity restrictions as mandated by state/local officials and DOH, parents will not be permitted to enter the soccer section of the facility. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we must follow protocol.